sre / sysadmin / devops
San Francisco Bay Area
Things I'm Passionate About:
- Open Source Software
Senior Staff Platform Engineer
February 2020 - Present
- Built ECS container deployment system to increase engineering velocity.
- Led project to migrate codebase from Python 2 to Python 3.
- Overhauled local development environment to streamline onboarding.
Principal Infrastructure Engineer
April 2018 - January 2020
- Led Infrastructure team focused on building products for other teams.
- Built platform using Kubernetes and Istio on GCP for increased efficiency.
- Wrote tools in Go to simplify infrastructure management.
Senior DevOps Engineer
November 2016 - November 2017
- Led project to simplify deployments, enabling developers to deploy services.
- Standardized CI/CD pipeline with automation in Python and Groovy.
Production Engineer, Contractor
May 2016 - October 2016
- Created Ruby on Rails application to increase efficiency of issue reporting.
- Wrote process documentation for incident management and code reviews.
Site Reliability Engineer
January 2015 - April 2016
- Managed Puppet infrastructure with thousands of nodes.
- Led project to deploy Chef + Grocery Delivery.
- Wrote code to increase the security and auditability of endpoints.
- Stabilized core infrastructure to increase Dropboxer productivity.
July 2013 - May 2014
- Managed AWS infrastructure configured with Puppet.
- Created Vagrant development environment using Salt (SaltStack).
- Analyzed AWS and vendor costs, reduced infrastructure spending by ~50%.
- Profiled application performance to find bottlenecks.
April 2009 - August 2011
- Managed Kickstart/PXE setup, for Red Hat and Debian-based systems.
- Installed and managed Cisco switches and routers, and Linux firewall.
- Managed datacenter colo, including power, cabling, and racking.
February 2007 - January 2009
- Configured diverse systems; Linux, Solaris, BSD, Mac OS X, and Windows.
- Setup monitoring and trending system.
- Enhanced security through testing; discovered SQL injections.
- Improved backup performance with a Linux disk-to-disk backup system.
- Configured Cisco and OpenBSD routers, and Cisco switches.
Desktop Support, Contractor
April 2005 - May 2006
Senior Technology Specialist
May 2003 - December 2004
Technical Support Specialist
October 2000 - November 2000
Santa Rosa Junior College
Computer Lab Assistant
August 1998 - October 2000